These delicious muffins are sure to cure those afternoon energy slumps & keep you full until your next meal 😋
- 2 and 3⁄4 cups almond flour (blanched)
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp EMIKA Vanilla Protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mixed berries (if frozen make sure to coat in 2 tsp flour before adding to the batter, to ensure they do not sink to the bottom of the muffins)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line 12 muffin tins. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, tapioca flour, EMIKA protein, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, honey, lemon juice and eggs. Add this to the dry mixture and fold through to ensure there are no lumps.
- Fold through the mixed berries and add around 2 tbsp of the batter to each muffin liner.
- Bake the muffins for 18 to 24 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Leave the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the tin and then for 5 minutes on a cooling rack.
7. Dig in and enjoy!
These muffins will last int he fridge for up to 5 days (in an airtight container).
Feel free to switch out the berries for any other additions such as chocolate, nuts or oats
Recipe by: @geneschesser